Overall Winner 2016. Matt Thompson. Also the winner of the Bird Category
Please watch for the opening date for next years competition, the Norfolk Bird and Wildlife Fairs third Photography competition. Entries must be taken in the UK from the last day of the first bird fair (21st May 2016) and must be of wildlife and not wildlife taken in captivity.
Entries can be from both amateurs and professionals and there is a maximum of three entries per person. Entry is £5 payable by card or paypal. free for under 16's. Prizes will be awarded for both composition and technical ability. The entries and winners will be shown on the gallery of the Bird Fair website and the press will be informed.
Other UK Wildlife
Overall Winner chosen from category winners
Any UK Wildlife
(Payment can be made by paypal below or by card on 01603 219119)
Photography Competition Rules for 2016
Entries are invited from Amateur and Professional Photographers from within the UK
2. Make sure the photographs submitted are within the law. If the subject requires a schedule one licence we will expect a copy of the licence with the submission. Birds covered by the licence are available on the RSPB website.
3. A maximum of four entries per photographer will be accepted
4. Entry £5 .Free for under 16’s
5. Images will be submitted as a large digital file of over 2mb 12x8 inch size to email@example.com. Images submitted at the wrong size will not be considered.
6. Form need to be sent/delivered to Rapture Photographics, 3a St John’s Close, Norwich, NR1 2AD. or emailed with digital files to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 30th April 2017. Digital files need to be named with your name and 1st line of address please do not watermark the files If there is a copyright visible this will forfeit the entry.
7. For adults there are four categories, mammals, birds, Norfolk Wildlife and other wildlife, plus one overall winner. All submitted images must be taken in the UK since 23rd May 2016 and must be photographers own work.
8. For children there are two categories. UK wildlife and Norfolk Wildlife. Under 16, the age as at the closing date for entries, 30th April 2017.
9. Entries must be wildlife taken in the wild and not in captivity or of captive wildlife placed in the wild.
10. Any entry submitted contravening any of the terms and conditions will be disqualified and any payment forfeit. If after the event it is discovered an image breaks terms and conditions the prize will be claimed back and compensation sought.
11. Entries will be judged for their technical skill and composition. Minimal photo manipulation is acceptable but we are looking for natural images featuring the wildlife and not computer skills so no cloning please. It is difficult to see the true quality of an image without printing it, hnece our requirement of prints and digital files.
12. A short list of printed photos will be placed on display on the Norfolk Bird and Wildlife website. Overall winner and category winners will be revealed on the website and facebook page in early May 2017.
13*. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, each entrant grants permission for the Norfolk Bird and Wildlife Fair to feature any or all of the submitted images in the webiste to show entries and winners and/for in any promotional material connected to this competition including the programme.*
14. Entries must not have been entered for any other competitions.
15. Entries must be submitted with payment and a completed form.
16. Postal address for entries: Rapture Photographics, 3a St Johns' Close, Norwich NR1 2AD. 01603 219119. Payment can be made by cheque to Rapture Photographics, by card over the phone before sending in entries, or in person at the above address during shop hours Monday to Saturday.
18. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into
* this clause is to allow us to be able to display the photos at the event, showcase them as entries on this website, publish in next years programme and offer the winning photo to local papers to show who won the photo. No money will be made from it
For ticket and exhibitor information:
Jill and Rob
The Norfolk Bird Fair
3a St Johns Close
Tel: +44 1603 219119
Or use our online contact form.
Both days will open from 9-5pm